Paul D. Refior
Web Site: www.refior.com
5901 E 200 N,
is a man who loves his Lord, his wife and family, his church, his ministries
and his work. A diligent
and experienced attorney with extensive estate planning, litigation, trust
management, probate, business/corporate, and real estate experience. A disciplined man of convictions, determined
to achieve a high standard of excellence and to minister to the legal, personal
and spiritual needs of clients. A balanced and joyful lifestyle and a successful family man. Admitted to practice in
By way of summary, Rafe started his legal career in 1975 as a Navy JAG lawyer. Then Rafe practiced a couple of years in Pinedale, Wyoming (1978-80) before a year’s sabbatical for missionary service in Japan (1980-81). In 1981 Refior Law Office was established in Warsaw, Indiana. Since then he has also been admitted to practice in Florida (2001); and in 2006 he opened a branch office of Refior Law Office in Lafayette, Indiana. Rafe resides and practices law in both Warsaw and Lafayette each week.
November 1981 to the present – Refior Law Office.
My law practice at Warsaw and Lafayette, Indiana is limited to litigation, estate planning, probate, trust administration, business/commercial/corporate related matters, and real estate. Refior Law Office represents Plaintiffs and Defendants in the following types of lawsuits in federal and state courts: Medical Malpractice, Wrongful Death, Personal Injury, Civil Rights Employment, Contract Disputes, Commercial/Business, Real Estate, Lake Rights and Probate or Trust Disputes. Clients include manufacturing companies, professionals, numerous businesses, and individuals.
Even though we did not have any clients, or even own a car or any law
office equipment, furniture or books, we moved to Warsaw, Indiana in 1981
to “hang a shingle” and begin solo law practice.
Over the years the law practice grew and prospered.
In 2001 I was also admitted to practice in Florida. In 2006 I opened my branch office in
June 1981 to October 1981 – Special Assignment Deputy Prosecutor,
Upon our return from
1980 to 1981 – The Evangelical
We accepted the invitation from career TEAM missionaries Ralph and
Stella Cox to minister in Japan by filling in for them as best we could while
they would be back in the United States for one year of furlough.
When we arrived in
1978 to 1980 – Mason & Refior, P.C.,
At the time I completed my military service, I turned down a number
of job offers from large and medium-sized law firms to join Gerald Mason’s
firm in beautiful
1974 to 1978 –
I was commissioned as a naval officer in December, 1973. In 1974 I had Navy training in Newport, R.I. In 1975 I completed Naval Justice School again in Newport, R.I., and then I proceeded with orders to Norfolk, Virginia. As a Navy JAG lawyer I was stationed at the Naval Legal Services Office, Naval Station, Norfolk. I was engaged in extensive trial work in criminal cases as a prosecutor and as a defense counsel, including case of murder, rape, armed robbery, bank robbery, counterfeiting, and other serious felony cases. I maintained a very high caseload and achieved regular success in jury trials. The experience also provided outstanding training as a Naval Officer, and in leading and coordinating subordinate attorneys and staff. [Received Navy Commendation Medal and National Defense Service Ribbon; honorably discharged].
Bachelor of Arts, Magna Cum Laude, major in Psychology, minor in Political Science; Iowa Wesleyan College, Mount Pleasant, Iowa; 1972
Juris Doctor, With Honors;
Many continuing legal education courses; 1975 to present.
Admitted to practice in the courts of the following:
State Courts of
State Courts of
· State Courts of Wyoming – 1978
· State Courts of Florida – 2001
The Supreme Court of the
· United States Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit – 1992
· United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit - 2006
· United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces – 1975
· United States Tax Court – 1987
· U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana – 1997
· U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan – 1990
· U.S. District Court for the District of Wyoming – 1978
· U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida - 2005
· National Lawyers Association
· Indiana State Bar Association
· The Florida Bar
· Iowa State Bar Association
· Wyoming State Bar Association
· Kosciusko County Bar Association
· Tippecanoe County Bar Association
· Age 63
· Gloriously married to Pam for 43 years
· Two daughters, Nikki Lambeth (married to Jonathan with three sons) and Laura White (married to Brian with three daughters and twin sons.)
· Actively involved members of Faith Church, Lafayette, Indiana http://www.faithlafayette.org/church (Deacon; board of Faith Global Missions http://www.faithlafayette.org/missions; board of Vision of Hope http://www.faithlafayette.org/voh; instructor at Faith Community Institute http://www.faithlafayette.org/church/news_events/faith_community_institute/).
· Chairman of the Board of Directors and President of Lakeland Child Evangelism Ministries http://www.lakelandcem.com/, Winona Lake, Indiana, a nonprofit corporation with ministries in the local area, as well as significant worldwide involvement through the production and distribution of evangelistic action films and videos which are translated into multiple languages for evangelistic use throughout the world.
Pension Trustee of The
Evangelical Alliance Mission (
· Author of It’s Your CHOICE – A Happy & God-honoring Marriage, and RAFEHAND – A System for Speedwriting, and some published articles.
· An avid Iowa Hawkeyes fan (especially football and wrestling) …. Go Hawks!
· Rafe enjoys loving his gorgeous and outstanding wife, Precious Pam, being a happy and involved grandpa, family travel, family activities, sports of all kinds, woodworking, writing (e.g., novels, articles, books on Christian topics, children’s stories), bicycling, woodcarving, art, graphics, studying, teaching, meditating and applying the Bible, speaking at seminar classes and retreats, BowFlex-ing, weightlifting and swimming.